GUIDE TO FUSION CARE
- Wait 48 hours before washing or chemically processing your hair.
- Wait 48 hours before exercise or swimming.
- Using a Hotheads® Extension Brush, gently brush from root to end in a downward motion to redistribute oils from the scalp and detangle if needed. Be careful not to tug on the bond attachments while brushing. Softly rake your fingers through your hair to feel if any extensions are tangled and gently separate those extensions.
- Avoid sleeping with wet or loose hair.
- Before bed, brush hair to detangle and gently tie into a loose ponytail or braid.
WASHING & STYLING
- Always detangle your hair prior to washing.
- Use Hotheads® Clean Shampoo & Smooth Conditioner which are specially formulated for our extensions.
- Wash hair by gently running your fingers in a scissor motion both horizontally and vertically in between the extensions.
- Using products that alter the extensions, such as toning shampoos, and smoothing treatments, voids the warranty.
- Using Hotheads® Hydrate Conditioning Masque 1-2 times per week will moisturize extensions & help maintain longevity of second hair.
- Hot tools should not exceed 350 ̊F (approximately 177 ̊C) on remy human hair extensions and should not be used near the keratin bond.
- When using hot tools to style your hair, use thermal protecting products from mid-shaft to ends.
SWIMMING & VACATION TIPS
- Rinse hair with water immediately after swimming or exercising.
- Spray tanner, sunscreens, hard/well water, and bronzing products may contain minerals that can cause discoloration.
- If extensions become discolored, ask your stylist about Hotheads® Recover Demineralizing Treatment.
- Before swimming, in a Hotheads® spray bottle, mix water with Hydrate Conditioning Masque and lightly mist as a leave-in conditioner and protective barrier on the hair.