GUIDE TO SEW-IN EXTENSION CARE
- You can wash your hair the same day you install the extensions.
- Gently brush your hair using the Hotheads® Boar Bristle Brush from the ends to the roots always brushing in a downward motion.
WASHING & STYLING
- Always detangle your hair prior to washing.
- Use Hotheads® Clean Shampoo & Smooth Conditioner which are specially formulated for our extensions.
- Using products that alter the extensions, such as toning shampoos, and smoothing treatments, voids the warranty.
- Use Hotheads® Hydrate Conditioning Masque 1-2 times per week will moisturize extensions & help maintain longevity.
- Heat should not exceed 350°F for human hair extensions.
- When using heat tools to style your hair, make sure to protect your extensions with a thermal styling product from the mid-shaft to the ends.
- Never go to sleep with wet or loose hair. Before bed, brush hair to detangle and gently tie into a loose ponytail or braid.
SWIMMING & VACATION TIPS
- Rinse hair immediately after swimming or exercising.
- Spray tans, sunscreens, hard/well water, and bronzing products may contain minerals that can cause discoloration.
- In a spray bottle, mix water with Hydrate Conditioning Masque and use as a leave-in conditioner if you will be swimming or around products containing minerals. This will provide a protective barrier on the hair.
- If discoloration has occurred, ask you stylist about or Recover Demineralizing Treatment.