GUIDE TO TAPE-IN EXTENSION CARE
- Wait 24-48 hours before washing or chemically processing your hair.
- 2-3 times per day gently brush hair from ends to roots using Hotheads Boar Bristle Brush.
WASHING & STYLING
- Always brush hair prior to washing to detangle.
- Use Hotheads Clean Shampoo and Smooth Conditioner which are specially formulated for our extensions.
- Using color depositing products such as purple shampoo voids the warranty and should be done with care to avoid tape tabs.
- Using Hotheads® Hydrate Conditioning Masque 1-2 times per week will moisturize extensions & help maintain longevity.
- Avoid styling products that contain oil, alcohol, or ethanol, especially near tape tabs.
- Heat should not exceed 350°F for human hair extensions and 250°F for Fantasy & Pastels. Avoid heat around tape tabs.
- When using heat tools to style your hair, make sure to protect your extensions with a thermal styling product from the mid-shaft to the ends.
- Never go to sleep with wet or loose hair. Before bed, brush hair to detangle and gently tie into a loose ponytail or braid.
SWIMMING & VACATION TIPS
- Rinse hair immediately after swimming or exercising.
- Spray tans, sunscreens, hard/ well water, and bronzing products may contain minerals that can cause discoloration. In a Spray bottle, mix water with Hydrate Conditioning Masque and use as a leave in conditioner if you will be swimming or around products containing minerals. This will provide a protective barrier on the hair.
- If discoloration has occurred, ask your stylist about our Recover Demineralizing Treatment.